Saturday, October 8, 2011

Game Over

Got the call...bloodwork was negative. This cycle has ended with nothing to show for it except a weight gain and another feeling of failure. I am going to indulge in sorrow for the loss of another chance and a few items I have avoided while cycling... - fully caffinated pumpkin spice latte (check) - chocolate brownies (check) - great bottle of wine (saving for later, but check) - sushi dinner tonight (also for later, but check) I think I was expecting a negative so I don't feel as upset as I expected, but it still sucks. I think it bothered me just a little more because during my post-bloodwork nap I had a dream about a baby girl. In the dream I was laying on the floor breast feeding her and it felt amazing...of course it was a funny dream and she puked on my face but the over all feeling was one of contentment. I want that...I guess it is just going to take a lot longer than planned, if at all. Game over...let the pity party begin.

7 comments:

  1. Shit...I hate this game! So so sorry. I'm glad you have your yummy items on stand by...I still have my wine in the fridge just in case because I just don't believe this is really for real. I'll be thinking about you. Again so sorry this wasn't your month...so crappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry this cycle didn't turn out. I'm pleased you've got all your indulgences and that you're allowing yourself to wallow for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, Jessica. You're a great mom and you so deserve this to work out. Sending much love .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica I am so very sorry for you mamma. It is so hard to accurately convey the bevy of emotions that come with failed fertility cycles. So much invested and so much hope.
    If you want to talk I am here to listen.. sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry. Nothing will make this better. Glad you have some coping mechanisms in place for this go-around. I feel like that's how I felt after my miscarriage. Defeat, frustration. Will be supporting you ongoing. I'm so sorry this is so difficult. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, sweetie. that's a shame, i wish i would have been a positive. be good to your body now, hopefully there's a future egg in there that wants to come out and be a pukey little girl. xo

    ReplyDelete