Friday, December 7, 2012

In their memory...

Last year I donated two toys to Toys for Tots in memory of William and Ethan as a sort of birthday/Christmas gift. I had plans of doing the same this year but couldn't figure out what I wanted to buy that two year old boys might like...I still may do this but another opportunity popped up yesterday. A Carter's store recently opened near us so I went to check it out. By the checkout counter was a huge box full of pajamas that will be donated to children in need. One thing that has resonated with me, as I enjoy snuggles with Maxwell, is that I will never have the chance to snuggle my twins. I choose to buy two pair of fuzzy footie jammies so that two little two year old boys will feel snuggled this holiday season. It was an easy, inexpensive (yay sales!) to do a feel good deed in William and Ethan's memory.

Tomorrow we are making a quick trip to my home time to visit the twin's grave. Rather than flowers, this year I picked up a mini Christmas tree and two tiny stockings to place at their headstone. As we start new traditions with Maxwell I want to do something for William and Ethan too...they are all my sons and I want to find ways to include them all in a positive way this holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. We, also, donate toys to Toys for Tots in honor of our children in Heaven, but I LOVE the thought of bringing warmth and comfort to a child by donating pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a beautiful way to remember your babies. We have friends who do this in honor of Andrew each year. They usually give gifts to children his age range and/or name and I love it.

    Wishing your boys were here this year and always. I'm sure your decorations for them will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete