Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Something Like Hope...

The last few days I have had nothing but my friend's pregnancy on my mind...all good thoughts. I want everything to go well and for her to get her take home baby! She is my bestest of best friends and she has known her share of heartache due to 1st trimester missed miscarriages and shared my heartbreak during my loss.

And part of me wants this to go well so that maybe we can be pregnant at the same time. I'm not sure that as little girls we ever talked about being pregnant at the same time (we've known each other since kindergarten) but it feels like one of those things we could have joked about at least once. After all...how cool would it be!

For the first time I am able to hope without the sharp, bitter after taste of my grief. I am hopeful for her, for me and the other women who are able to find the strength to try again after the heart break only the mothers of babies they will never see grow up can know.

It would be nice if this feeling sticks around for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment