I am so touched! My New Normal gave me this blog award...what a wonderful surprise on my birthday!!!
After spending a wonderful weekend with my family for my birthday weekend and logging on to the web it was such a nice surprise! My parents live 3 1/2 hours away from me and that is where I was when I went into labor. We also decided to bury the boys on my grandparent's (my mother's parents) plot in the cemetery in my home town and finally got a chance to visit...the first time since they were buried.
I am still so flattered to have been chosen for a blog award...I toyed with blogging in the past but not much came of it and I stopped.
So here's how this award works.
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
- Make sure you contact these bloggers to let them know about the award.
1. I am still incredibly close with friends I made in kindergarten. Two of them are my bestest friends in the whole wide world!!!
2. I grew up in a very small town in upstate New York and had never been to New York City until the day I moved there with one of the friends mentioned above after undergrad.
3. My junior year of college I studied abroad in Manchester, England and at the same time the friend mentioned in #1 & 2 was in London. We traveled all over Europe together and had a blast. (Yes...this means I visited more places in Europe before ever stepping foot in NYC.)
4. I have never seen the movie Titanic. When the movie came out I disliked Leonardo DiCaprio and decided to not see it...now I am just holding out as long as I can because I am a dork like that! I am sure I would like it but I am not going to watch it unless it is for some monumental anniversary.
5. Like my Dad, I can pack really well. Part of that came from backpacking around Europe, but a good portion is inherited ability. For example...my Dad was able to bring me a sewing table, a chair and several boxes of books plus his bag for a week-long visit in a Ford Focus hatchback. Me...I was able to bring home a book shelf, two end tables and other odds and ends on the inside of my Honda Civic (trunk closed and nothing tied to the roof). We are good like that.
6. I love to do all things artistic/crafty. I was an art major in high school and college plus I love to sew, knit, make jewelry, and anything that involves creating. I will try anything once and more often than not will do it many more times.
7. I am addicted to reading blogs...I have hundreds in my Google Reader...ones about crafting, design, infertility, teaching art, art journaling, and most recently infant/pregnancy loss.
15 Amazing Blogs I've Recently Discovered
I am an avid blog reader, and now a blogger. The blogs I read are varied, but I want to recognize those who have given me the most reassurance and comfort the past year and especially the last month and a half. Being part of the infertility and baby-loss community has helped me keep it together on the days I need to and find release on the days I must. My heart aches for all of us.
(I tried not to repeat blogs other have given the award to, but we are a tight community!)
1. Brooke at By the Brooke
2. WannabeMommy at Musings of a Wannabe Mommy
3. Lis at Built In Birth Control
5. Jem at Ambivalent Womb
6. Angie at Butterflies and Rainbows
7. A at Infertility Just Sucks
8. Riley at It Takes A Village...
9. Jeanna at Jeanna's Motherhood Journey
10. Mo at Life and Love in the Petri Dish
11. Tina at Living Without Sophia and Ellie
12. Ya Chun at She Almost Made It
13. Sue at So Dear and Yet So Far
14. Christie at ...With Tears of Love
15. BabyInterrupted at Baby Interrupted